Launched in 2015, The Festival of Bright Ideas (FOBI) is a festival with a difference, where you can experience a range of activities and exhibits that whiz, bang, fly, crawl, swim, and maybe even explode!
Located in Princes Wharf 1 in Hobart, FOBI is supported by 50+ local science, tech, engineering, and maths (STEM) affiliated organisations and caters to thousands of curious Tasmanians each year.
- To celebrate the important role that STEM disciplines play in our everyday lives
- To acknowledge the value and strengths of the Tasmanian STEM sector
- To inspire Tasmanian youth, igniting the aspirations of students to pursue an interest in STEM
- To cultivate the curiosity of life-long learners of all ages
- To encourage and partner with STEM organisations to share this vision of an engaged and informed community
STEM disciplines will be the bridge that carries us towards a bright, solutions focussed and innovative future. Through collaboration with leading Tasmanian STEM professionals, academics, education providers, and community leaders, we seek to make that future accessible to everyone.
- Friday 18 August - There is a day just for schools!
- Saturday 19 August – Open to the public, tickets essential!
- Location: Princes Wharf 1 (PW1) in Hobart, Tasmania – right next to Salamanca Markets.
- Audience: EVERYONE! Whether you are a family, couple, individual, or group, you’ll have a great time at FOBI.
- We entertain over 5,000 visitors over the 2 days!
- The Saturday open day will run in three ticketed sessions of 2.5 hours’ duration: 9-11.30am, 11.30am-2pm, 2-4.30pm.You can book for more than one session to extend your time at the festival.
- The venue is disability friendly.