Princes Wharf 1 will be humming with around 50 exhibitors, stage shows and workshop areas.
FOBI currently runs for two days:
- Friday 17th is “Schools Day”, only for participating schools from around Tasmania.
- Saturday 18th is open to the public.
Both days run the same content, but during Schools Day, student groups are scheduled across selected, set activities, across time-limited sessions. So even if your child has attended during Schools Day, they may be very keen to come back on Saturday and explore the content they missed – there will still be plenty to see and do!
The 2024 program will be announced in July.
Prices: $15 per adult, or $25 for two adults, Student/Concession tickets are $10 per person, and under 16 years is free
Tickets to be advised.
- FOBI is a strictly ticketed event, for strictly limited numbers due to venue capacity limits.
- To manage venue numbers, there will be three sessions of 2.5 hours’ duration: 9-11.30am, 11.30am-2pm, 2-4.30pm. You can of course book for more than one session.
- To enable us to plan logistics in advance, we’re encouraging all ticket purchases to be completed online in advance. In the unlikely event that we don't sell out, remaining tickets will be available online. We will not be selling tickets at the door.
- You will need to present your tickets onsite (please see the FAQ below on Entry process on arrival)
Booking in advance allows you to choose your session before peak times book out. We know from past festivals that visitor numbers peak between 11.30am-2pm - the midday session will sell out first!
Tickets to be advised.
On completion of your booking, trybooking sends you a confirmation email that has your tickets and receipt attached as a PDF. If you're not able to locate your confirmation email, you can have it resent to you using the trybooking Resend Tickets feature.
On this page simply enter the email address you entered at the time of booking, complete the reCaptcha, and click Submit. Don't forget to check your junk/spam folders.
Yes! Cancellations will be accepted up until 72 hours before FOBI opens.
You will need to email us if you wish to cancel. Once we action the cancelation, TryBooking will return the funds to your account within 5-10 Business days.
The ticket fee that TryBooking charge is non-refundable. This is stated in the TryBooking terms and conditions that you agree to at the time of booking.
You can present your ticket on any smartphone or tablet device. If you prefer to print your ticket that's ok too.
Yes, there WILL be a queue.
Present your pre-purchased FOBI ticket (digital or printed) at the entry and you will receive a wristband for the session(s) you have booked.
Hand sanitising prior to entering the venue is recommended.
Remember to dress warmly and prepare for all possible weather conditions including wet weather.
There will be a loudspeaker announcement 15 minutes prior to the end of every 2.5 hour session, and then another at the end of the session.
Please leave promptly after the end of your session to allow for the next visitors to enter in a timely manner.
Activity providers, venue staff and volunteers will be there to ensure all visitors leave the venue promptly after their session. Our FOBI team are all volunteers, so please treat them with respect when asked to leave the venue after your session.
You’ll cut your session short – if you’re half an hour late, that’s half an hour less of the science stuff you’ll get to see.
We encourage you to arrive half an hour early for your session. We'll be keeping an eye on numbers and letting some people in early if there's early departures from the session prior.
We have no designated parking, so plan ahead, and keep in mind that FOBI’s public open day coincides with Salamanca Market; as usual there will be roadblocks into the market area. It’s a good time to refamiliarise yourself with public transport options! Parking options include:
All areas of the venue are physically accessible, including toilets.
Yes, there will be a number of vendors on site.
Please bring your own water bottles and keep cups! As a hygiene measure, no cups will be provided.
- We encourage all guests to wear a face mask to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Sanitising stations will be located throughout the venue, and in the forecourt.
- Venue, stage and seating capacities will be determined by Tasmanian government health policy at the time.
- Cleaning staff will regularly ensure amenities are clean and frequently-touched areas will be sanitised often.
- Please do not attend the event if you are experiencing any of the following and consult the Tasmanian Government Coronavirus website for current testing advice:
- fever (or signs of fever, including chills or night sweats)
- runny nose
- sore/itchy throat
- shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell.
We are operating under the Tasmanian Government’s Public Health Guidelines for COVID-19 safety at events.